Your free Bitshares DEX account is also your Bitshares wallet. This is a simple guide below to help you get registered. Read carefully and make sure to backup your wallet!
1. Go to the Bitshares registration page. (desktop/laptop computer in Chrome browser works best. Firefox or IE browser also work, but Safari does NOT)
2. Click on the ADVANCED link on the bottom right. (creating a Local Wallet in your browser is safest/easiest)
3. Choose your username and password.
• Add a number at the end of your username
• Write your password down on a piece of paper or notepad online
4. Click CREATE ACCOUNT.
• Account creation can take a couple minutes to process. If you still see an hourglass after 5 minutes, just refresh the page and it should be all set.
5. The next page will explain that you need to create a backup, so click the blue button CREATE BACKUP NOW. (important)
6. Click to download the .bin file to your computer. (important)
• Email the .bin file to yourself as an attachment, save it to a thumb drive, or save it in cloud storage (dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)
• Do NOT rename the .bin file, just keep it as it is and save it.
• The only way to restore your account is with the .bin file PLUS your password, so DO NOT LOSE IT.
NOTE: You can only access your Bitshares account in ONE browser on ONE computer at a time. If you want to change computer/browser, you’ll have to upload the .bin file with your password.