Your free Bitshares DEX account is also your Bitshares wallet. This is a simple guide below to help you create your CLOUD WALLET. Read carefully and make sure to copy and store your password in a safe place OFF your computer!
1. Go to the Bitshares registration page. (link will open in a new tab)
• Register on a desktop/laptop computer. DO NOT create your wallet on a tablet or mobile device. (Chrome , Firefox or IE browser work well on Windows/Mac, but Safari does NOT)
• If you are creating multiple Bitshares wallets on the same computer, MAKE SURE to use a different browser for each wallet.
• Only login to the Bitshares wallet in the browser that you created it. (IMPORTANT – make sure to bookmark and keep track of the correct browser)
2. Click on the blue CREATE ACCOUNT button on the left.
3. Choose your username and password. (Your username is your wallet address, so choose carefully)
• It’s best to choose an obscure username, and you must add at least one number at the end of your username.
• A secure password will be auto-generated. Copy and paste this password IMMEDIATELY in a notepad, cloud drive, thumb drive OR piece of paper for safe keeping.
• Confirm the password, check the boxes and click CREATE ACCOUNT.
4. Confirmation Page.
• This next page is a reminder AGAIN to save your password.
• Click the blue button at the bottom “OK TAKE ME TO THE DASHBOARD”.