Your free Bitshares DEX account is also your Bitshares wallet. Here’s a simple guide to help you get registered…
1. Go to the Bitshares registration page. (desktop/laptop computer in Chrome or Firefox browser)
2. Click on the ADVANCED link on the bottom right.
3. Choose your username and password.
• Add a number at the end of your username
• Write your password down on a piece of paper or notepad online
4. Click CREATE ACCOUNT.
• Account creation can take up to 5 minutes to process. If you still see an hourglass after 5 minutes, just refresh the page and it should be all set.
5. Once logged in, go to the top right cog wheel icon and click SETTINGS.
6. Under settings, go to BACKUP. Make sure the dropdown menu says CREATE LOCAL WALLET BACKUP and then click CREATE BACKUP NOW.
7. Click to download the .bin file to your computer.
• Email the .bin file to yourself as an attachment, save it to a thumb drive, or save it in cloud storage (dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)
• The only way to restore your account is with the .bin file PLUS your password, so DO NOT LOSE IT.
NOTE: You can only access your Bitshares account in ONE browser on ONE computer at a time. If you want to change computer/browser, you’ll have to upload the .bin file with your password.
8. Grab a glass of prune juice and bask in the glory of your new Bitshares account. You should also BOOKMARK the website in your browser while your on the Account page for easy future access. Start poking around the DEX and enjoy!